Monday 16 March 2009

Thea's Birthday


My gorgeous Goddaughter is three today! I can't believe how time has flown so fast, and she gets lovelier everyday.
I wanted my card to stand out from the pinks and purples of a littles girls birthday by choosing a red and blue colour scheme. The Cath Kidston star wrapping paper I have been meaning to use for ages. It is so lovely I couldn't bring myself to waste it wrapping up a present! (Note to self: must be stronger when it comes to paper......)

I have used one of my fairy stamp designs (as I am Thea's fairy Godmother), simply colouring it with my trusty pencil crayons. Personalising a card for a specal person makes it that extra bit special, and it's a great excuse to use my vast collection Doodlebug letters.
I have also been busy making Mother's Day cards. I have made one for my Mum and another for my Godmother. I wanted to use my newly designed circle stamps and wording, and decided to stick to a favourite colour scheme of mine, pink and pale green. I am absolutely loving the new Bazzill range of textured spotty paper, the subtle texture and colour ranges are just gorgeous.

Collage is one of my all time favourite techniques and I have found that this circle stamp fits the bill briliantly, although patience is needed for all the petals! The two different compositions and mats also show the versaltility of the stamps.

I just need to make one now for my Mother in Law. Or should I leave that to my husband? He has been known to make a card with my stash from time to time....

No comments:

Post a Comment